Monday, July 28, 2008

E-Mail addresses and domain names

Hey folks,

have you been on professional websites of companies or organizations with their own domain name and yet if you want to send an email to them, it is something like company@gmail.com ? How do you feel about this? Frankly I think this is very unprofessional and my only guess is, that the administrator of that website has no clue that his hosting package also includes proper email-addresses in the format contact@yourcompanyname.com. Maybe it's just me, I don't know but if I see this on a website of a company it is a big minus, my whole impression of this company is lower than before. If you are afraid of Spam, there are means, which effectively work against this nuisance. One software you can check out is this one here, which helps you with rules and a learning mode. That means you are teaching the software, what is ham and what is spam and after a short learning period, the results get better and better.

No comments: